The thing that brought comfort in the daily lives of people in times of discomfort is the on-demand delivery apps. During the hussle times, people felt the need to have instant delivery alternatives. Even after almost everything is back in order, still people prefer ordering online whatever they can. We have all the facilities, and this has become possible only because of the growing technological innovations and creative tech experts. In this mobile-driven world, you can do it all in minutes from the comfort of your home or office. If you want to raise serious money, then it's the right time to contact a reliable grocery delivery app development company and launch a unique grocery delivery app.
Impact of COVID-19 On Online Grocery BusinessDue to the coronavirus, several major industries across the world were shut down and a few of them are still closed. This is the reason why there is a boom in Grocery Delivery App Development. Also Read:Medicine Delivery App Development: A Complete GuideThe growing sales of online groceries indicate the requirement for grocery ordering and delivery apps. As people are struggling in this lockdown situation, securing food supplies is one of the biggest challenges in the current situation. Food and basic necessities are leaving the warehouse as panic continues to be bought at the brick-and-wall sites. As a result, food ordering and delivery applications rose to the charts and were under a huge increase in daily downloads.
Statistics of Grocery Delivery AppsGiven below are some recent facts and statistics that show the massive increase in Grocery Delivery and ordering app usage during the coronavirus.
- At the beginning of April 2020, shopping app downloads across the world reached 106 Million.
- As of 2022, Instacart was the most downloaded grocery delivery app in the USA.
- Study shows that the revenue from grocery apps will reach US$565.30 billion in 2023.
- By 2027, it is estimated that the revenue will increase and reach US$1,003 billion with a CAGR of 15.41% for the forecast period of 2023-2027.
- In the grocery delivery segment, China generates the most revenue.
Top 5 Most Popular Grocery Delivery Apps
1. InstacartDownload-Android | iOSInstacart, released in May 2014, offers free and contactless grocery delivery at the doorstep as fast as within an hour. You can order all the fresh fruits, vegetables, daily grocery items, alcohol, and other items within minutes from the comfort of your home. The grocery delivery app also offers household items, electronics, and late-night snacks. Instacart offers various supermarket options, such as Costco, Safeway, Wegmans, Publix, Aldi, and more. As of now, Instacart has associations with over 85,000 retail stores in North America.
2. WalmartDownload-Android | iOSWalmart app offers various shopping options including household items, electronic devices, fresh produce, and a lot more. Compared to its competitors, the Walmart shopping app also offers medicine delivery facilities to the app users. People can choose the delivery options at their convenience. It includes pickup, doorstep delivery, and shipping to various places via UPS or FedEx. Further, during in-store shopping, people can scan items and enjoy contactless shopping and multiple discount offers.
3. ShiptDownload-Android | iOSWith the help of a same-day delivery promise among other policies, the Shipt grocery app has become one of the top online grocery delivery apps in more than 5000 US cities. These US cities are Alabama, Illinois, Chicago, Texas, New York, Washington, Michigan, Detroit, Minnesota, Atlanta, Georgia, and more. Shipt grocery app offers numerous items, such as beauty essentials, home items, pet products, and alcohol. They have associations with almost all major retail brands, such as Target, CVS, Harris Teeter, Publix, H-E-B, Petco, and more.
4. Amazon Shopping AppDownload-Android | iOSUndoubtedly, Amazon is one of the most preferred and popular shopping websites worldwide. The company offers numerous shopping items, from small needles to huge household items, and many more for every age group. Their 360o product view feature lets people know about the products in a better way. As of now, Amazon shipping is active in over 100 countries with a delivery time of 3-5 days. It also offers many shopping benefits including seasonal offers, discounts, secure online payments, coupons, and many more.
5. DunzoDownload-Android | iOSWith over 10 million downloads, Dunzo has become one of the most popular grocery shopping apps available 24x7. App users can order a wide range of grocery and food items including, fruits, vegetables, household items, snacks, pet foods, and meat products, and get them delivered to their doorstep. Therefore, app users get from essential items to emergency medicines on the Dunzo shopping app. The grocery shopping app offers various benefits for using in-app payment options, such as Google Pay, Paytm, Amazon Pay, CRED Pay, Simpl, and more. If you wish to go forward with the on-demand grocery delivery app development plan, you are now aware of the top five competitors in the industry. Conduct deep market research if you desire to taste success and sustain in this mobilized market for the long term.
How Does A Grocery Delivery App Work?The Grocery Delivery App functions in a smooth manner. Grocery items can be seen virtually which helps you to choose the grocery items quickly and easily. Filters are also available that help in searching. Add the grocery items to the cart and checkout by selecting the payment option.Besides such features, many other features also get added as per the grocery delivery app requirements and client demands. Given below are the detailed steps of the Grocery Delivery App working:
- Users can register by filling the necessary details
- After registering, login with Email or phone number and Password
- Search the product that is required through the search option or filters
- Select the product and add it to the cart
- Fill in the address details where the products are to be delivered
- Confirm the order by selecting the payment option
- Admin receives the order request
- The order is forwarded to the grocery store manager
- The store manager accepts or rejects the order
- Admin reverts the customer through notification
- Store Manager then generates the order
- Admin is updated about the collection of order from courier service
- Order is delivered to the customer successfully
- Courier service provider updates Admin and Customer
Key Benefits of Grocery Apps For the Business and Users
Available 24×7 DaysThe Grocery Delivery App is available 24*7, so the customer can shop anytime worldwide. Thus, fulfilling the goal of developing an on-demand grocery delivery app.
ConvenientThe Grocery Delivery App is easy and convenient for customers as they can browse and buy items by sitting at home comfortably. Further, an easy navigation system and simple features help people from every age group understand app functionality quickly.
Time & Money SavingWith the help of the Grocery Delivery App, customers are saving time and money. They only have to go through the grocery app and order online. The items will get delivered to the doorstep.
Attractive OffersGrocery apps provide attractive and amazing discounts and offer a better shopping experience. It's why people love shopping from grocery app development solutions. Also, push notifications help people notify about new offers in real time.
Easy and Secure PaymentThe items can be purchased, and the payment can be done by selecting the best payment option the customer feels safe. The most common online payment options are credit/debit cards, net banking, eWallets, UPI, and others.
For App Owners
StabilityDue to an increase in demand for Grocery Delivery App Development, the competition has become tough. So the app owner must provide interesting offers to the customers in every aspect.
BrandingThe app owner must also focus on branding as building trust is very important. If the branding is done properly then the customer base will increase and there will be a hike in sales.
Competitive edgeKnowing the rivals helps you in progressing and it also increases the understanding of the competitors and the customers. By learning the lessons from previous failed businesses, the grocery delivery app company can make effective business strategies to beat the competition.
Fundamental Features of Grocery Delivery App
|Log-in and Sign-in
|Delivery Request Notification
|Accept/ Reject Delivery Request
|GPS/ Track Customer Location on Map
|Accept/ Reject Order
|Manage Delivery Boy
|Shop by Category
|In-app Chat/ In-app Calling
|Get Delivery Confirmation
|Review & Ratings
|Manage Offer and Coupon Code
|Add to Wish-List
|Add to Cart
|Multiple Payment Options
|Review & Rating