Ever wondered what is that a digital marketing company do to appear on SERP (Search Engine Result Page). It is not just SEO and other technical things but also deep analysis which requires an understanding of user mindset. As 50% of all internet traffic comes from smartphones, it is very important to make sure that your website is mobile-friendly. Moreover, Google also boosts the ranking of a mobile-friendly website by indexing them first. The data also shows that the future of the internet belongs to mobile sites. Even now, more than 90% of users switch from desktop to mobile devices to do their job. As the availability of the smartphone is huge, so thus the use. Can you make your website mobile-friendly without consulting a digital marketing company? The answer is absolutely no because you might not have that much knowledge that a digital marketing company has. So, we have gathered some information about how you can make your website absolutely mobile-friendly through optimization.
Make website responsive A responsive website shows the same content on every device but changes according to the size and shape of the screen. A responsive layout is also good for the website from the SEO point of view as well. And it is not that you have to make many arrangements for that. Just a few changes in website code and the use of some third-party tools can make your website responsive for all devices.
2. Stop using Flash Using flash in your website could be problematic for you in some or other way. It affects the loading speed of the website and it also does not work with Android and iOS devices. It is better not to use flash if you want to make it mobile-friendly. Using flash on a website will only make the user left it, as he/she will not be able to access the website properly.
3. Use appropriate font size Your well written and informational content is useless for a user if he/she cannot read it properly. Font size, therefore, matters a lot for the proper presentation of the website. You should test on how your website is looking at PC and smartphone. Make sure that whether is it readable or not. Also, make sure that you use a standard font that is easy to read and takes less time in loading.
4. Optimize images and CSS code A slow website can never get traffic. It doesn’t matter how valuable content your website has because if it is slow then the user will not think twice to leave it. As there are numerous alternatives, you should be aware of what is taking so long. High-quality images and complex CSS is also one of the main factors of slow website speed. Optimizing them will surely benefit from getting good traffic and longer watch time.
5. Provide desktop view functionality If it’s on a smartphone it should be in the mobile view but not for all. Everyone has got different preferences while surfing on smartphones. Moreover, sometimes users also want to know how the website will look in desktop view. In this case, providing them the functionality of switching between different views can make more user friendly for the users. They will themself access the content in which it suits them.
6. Make information accessibility easy It is very important to understand the user behavior to get more traffic. While some of the users prefer to read each and every line of the blog, some only come to your website to get the informational part only. Understand users and then create the blog in a way so that users can easily find the information they are looking for.
7. Optimize website elements It is necessary that whatever appears right on your desktop must also appear in the same ratio in the smartphone. Imagine if an image or button is covering the whole screen or is too small that it is hardly visible. It is easy to click buttons and select elements through a mouse but not with the fingers on the smartphone if they are not in the right size. Make sure that your website elements like buttons, sidebar, and images are easy to access.
Making a mobile-friendly site does not only contain technical aspects but a lot of understanding as well. Think like a user and make the website in a way so that user can access as much as information as he/she wants. So, if you are having any queries or confusion about this then you can contact the best Digital Marketing Company.