What is Flutter?Flutter is a mobile app SDK, which is used to help developers and designers build modern mobile apps for Android and iOS. Google Flutter is a game-changer when it comes to delivering first-rate native experiences. Flutter is growing in popularity and often compared with React Native and other best cross-platform app development tools. Flutter is a user interface software development kit to develop mobile applications using a single code Dart. On Android, it is integrated with the inbuilt Java Code and while on iOS, it is integrated with Objective C and Swift.Advantages and Disadvantages of Flutter
Top 7 Attributes of Flutter and IonicTo decide which one is better for Cross-Platform Mobile App Development, I have listed top 7 Attributes.
FinallySeveral key factors play an important role while deciding a framework for your cross-platform app development. You need to consider several factors such as budget, time, application size, platforms, and so on. We see mixed results.
|Allows for rapid prototyping||Not suitable for high performance or UI intensive apps|
|Hybrid mobile||Not meant for game development|
|It's angular JS|
|Hot Reload||Need to learn Dart|
|Performance||Lack of community support|
|Backed by Google||Lack of promotion|
|Compiled into Native C||Lack of friendly documentation|
|Runtime||Custom graphics engine||Web browser|
|UI elements||Proprietary Widgets||Standards-based Web Components|
|Native API access||Native plugin library, using Flutter native packages||Native plugin library, using Cordova and Capacitor|
|Mobile performance||Excellent||Very Good|
|Deployment options||Mobile, Desktop, Web||Mobile, Desktop, Web, PWA|
|User Interface||Flutter provides the best User Interfaces.||Ionic UI renders everything in HTML and CSS. To give native mobile experience, it applies Cordova.|
|Market and Community||Flutter is a new framework for the community right now and not very popular.||After React, it is the second most popular framework. It empowers developers to build native mobile apps in the fastest possible way.|
|Code Sharing||In Flutter, we need to add dedicated files for both Android and iOS platforms depending upon their rules.||Whatever the OS has given, they will work similarly well on every one of them.|
|Popular Apps||JustWatch, Pacifica, Nationwide and many more.||Hamilton|
|Pricing||Engineers can utilize these systems and their libraries for free.||It is a free open-source framework for developing cross-platform mobile applications. But, there is also a Pro version which is paid.|
- Awesome reusability.
- The widgets don’t adapt to the underlying platform, instead by default you use Material Design on both platforms.
- The Flutter team is providing more and more iOS-styled components.
- You can find out on which platform you’re running and you can manually swap widgets but that's a bit more work than required by Ionic.
- If you need platform-specific re-styling, you can move the position of Flutter on the slider further to the right.
- Awesome reusability!
- The “wrapped web app” concept ensures that you can easily re-use your code - you’re just building a wrapped web app in the end.
- The huge component library of adaptive components (i.e. automatically styled for the platform the app runs on) also helps.